Walking Tour through the Candelaria
Click to download the PDF
Bogotá City Tour
Meeting with the passenger at the Hotel.
Transfer to the historic center of the city; In pedestrian travel we will see the Plaza de Bolívar and its surroundings, seeing emblematic buildings such as the National Capitol, the Catedral Primada and the Casa de los Comuneros (the oldest in the sector). Next we will go to the Gold Museum that has one of the most impressive pre-Hispanic goldsmith collections in the world. We will continue to the Casa Museo Quinta de Bolívar, a place that keeps objects that were used by the liberator Simón Bolívar in his time and we will admire the garden that is preserved as it was in his time. We will continue our journey to the hill of Monserrate at 3200 meters above sea level. We will take the cable car or a cable car and at the top we can admire the beautiful panoramic view of the city of Bogotá and the Catholic Sanctuary of Señor Caido. Finished the journey. Back to the hotel.
1. It operates every day.
2. Departure from 8 a.m.
3. Estimated time:
- 6 hours with Monserrate
- 5 hours without Monserrate
4. Museo de Oro and Quinta de Bolívar close on Mondays, which offers the Botero Museum as a replacement.
5. It is advisable not to visit the Cerro de Monserrate on Sundays because of the volume of parishioners that visit the Sanctuary.
6. It is recommended to go with comfortable clothes and shoes and with shelter to climb the Cerro de Monserrate.
7. Bilingual guide (English) request in advance.