Candelaria Walking Tour
Bogota City Tour
Meeting with the passenger at the Hotel.
Transfer to the historic center of the city; On a pedestrian route we visit the Plaza de Bolívar and its surroundings, seeing emblematic buildings such as the National Capitol, The Primada Cathedral and the House of the Communeros (the oldest in the sector).
Next we will go to the Gold Museum that has one of the most impressive collections of pre-Hispanic goldsmiths in the world. We will continue to the Quinta de Bolívar House Museum, a place that stores objects that were once used by the liberator Simón Bolívar and we will admire the garden that is preserved as in its time.
We will continue our journey to the hill of Monserrate at 3200 meters above sea level. We will take the cable car or a funicular and at the top we can admire the beautiful panorama of the city of Bogotá and the Catholic Shrine of the Fallen Lord. The tour is over. Back to the hotel.
1. Estimated time:
- 6 hours with Monserrate
- 5 hours without Monserrate
2. Museo de Oro and Quinta de Bolívar close on Mondays which is offered by the Botero Museum as a replacement.
3. It is advisable not to visit Cerro de Monserrate on Sundays due to the volume of parishioners who visit the Sanctuary.
4. It is recommended to go with comfortable clothes and shoes and with a coat to climb the Cerro de Monserrate.
5. Bilingual guide (English) request beforehand.
To book write to firstname.lastname@example.org